These Pumpkin Overnight Oats are full of pumpkin spice flavor and easy to make!
If you've never made overnight oats before you gotta try this recipe! It's an easy on the go breakfast and perfect for meal prep.
If overnight oats are your jam - check out my matcha overnight oats for another breakfast meal prep idea.
The best part about overnight oats is how simple it is.
Throw all the ingredients in a bowl, jar or whatever floats your boat, mix it together, refrigerate and bam breakfast is ready!
The 7 ingredients
- Old Fashioned Oats: classic old-fashioned rolled oats work well for a good texture.
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt: You can use plain Greek yogurt as well, just add a splash of vanilla extract!
- Pumpkin Puree: a solid ¼ cup will give you good pumpkin flavor.
- Milk: I like adding a decent amount of liquid to help keep the consistency not too thick.
- Maple Syrup: the perfect fall sweetener.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: I add a lot! But it's worth it!
- Chia Seed: they absorb 9x their weight in volume, so they help absorb the milk and create a thicker consistency.
Mix it together until it's well combined. Cover the bowl or container and refrigerate!
You can make it the night before or meal prep it ahead of time and eat it within the next 5 days.
Toppings make oatmeal or overnight oats the best in my opinion. I find oatmeal too mushy sometimes, so I like adding more texture.
Try some of these ideas out for extra crunch or flavor:
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pecans or sliced almonds
- Extra chia seeds or ground flaxseed
- Fresh fruit like banana slices or chopped apple
- An extra dollop of Greek yogurt
You can make this recipe and divide it up in 2 smaller servings or 1 large mason jar.
My personal preference is to divide it up into smaller containers and adding a boost of protein on the side with eggs.
You could also boost the protein by adding protein powder if you're looking for a more filling oatmeal.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
Absolutely! You may want to add more maple syrup depending on the level of sweetness you desire. I'd also add a good splash of vanilla extract.
You can! Swap the milk for whatever plant-based milk you enjoy as well as the Greek yogurt. Silk and Kite Hill make plant-based Greek yogurts that will give you the same texture and protein as regular Greek yogurt.
Yes! I do this sometimes when I want a warm breakfast rather than cold overnight oats.
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl or jar and mix together.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, extra Greek yogurt, granola, banana or whatever toppings sound good to you and enjoy!
- Greek Yogurt: Use plain Greek yogurt instead of vanilla Greek yogurt. Just add a bit more maple syrup for sweetness and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Sweetener: Swap the maple syrup for honey or agave.
- Make it Vegan
- Use a plant-based milk
- Use a plant-based Greek yogurt. Kite Hill and Silk make great options.
(Nutrition values are calculated by third-party software and an estimate that can vary based on product brands and cooking methods.)