These easy Cinnamon Apple Pancakes are a brunch favorite and perfect for any fall morning. Top with the homemade apple glaze and enjoy!
The glaze is easily made with fresh apples, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. It can be used as the syrup and makes for the perfect topper to your stack of pancakes!
Made with pantry staples and not a long list of ingredients - just the basic pancake ingredients + apple and spices!
- Flour - the main dry ingredient
- Sugar - gotta add a touch of sweetness
- Baking Powder - the leavening agent
- Cinnamon - fall flavor!
- Salt - compliments the sweetness of the apples
- Vanilla Extract - you always need a dash of vanilla in fall recipes if ya ask me!
- Milk - main liquid ingredient
- Avocado Oil - full of heart healthy fats
- Apple - a must in an apple recipe!
For the glaze all you need are these 5 ingredients!
- Butter - for the richness factor
- Brown Sugar - adds a sweet caramel flavor
- Cinnamon - more fall flavor!
- Nutmeg - more spice!
- Apple - the main ingredient
The steps are super easy to follow and resemble a typical pancake recipe.
- Start by mixing your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then mix your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix in the apples into the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together!
- Cook on a griddle until you got all your pancakes made!
The glaze takes about 5mins to make. I like to make it once the last batch of pancake batter is on the griddle. Here's the easy peasy steps to make it!
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar, spice and apples.
- Simmer until the apples soften (around 5 mins).
- Top over the pancakes!
You can use whatever apples your heart desires! I like sweet apples like honey crisps. But if you like tart granny smiths - go with those!
Other sweet apples to try could be gala or fuji. If you use another type let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Serve with your favorite cup of joe or tea in the mornings. My personal preference is this Hot Cinnamon Tea - it's divine!
Serve with a side of eggs for protein and you got a filling and satisfying breakfast.
More Pancake Recipes
Pumpkin Pancakes: Made with bisquick and fall spices for another easy fall breakfast!
Lemon Pancakes: These fluffy lemon pancakes are made with buttermilk. Top with toasted almonds for a divine stack of pancakes!
Recipe Tips and FAQs
I love using sweet apples like fuji, gala and honey crisp.
They will be optimal the first 3 days but can last for a week in the fridge. Freeze them to use up to 3months later.
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 diced apple
Cinnamon Apple Topping
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large apple or 2 small apples diced
- Preheat the griddle to medium-high heat.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the apples and mix to coat well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, avocado oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour ¼ cup of the pancake batter on the griddle and cook until bubbly and then flip to cook on the other side.
- Heat a saucepan over low-medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apples.
- Simmer until the apples soften (about 5 minutes) and top your pancakes and enjoy!
(Nutrition values are calculated by third-party software and an estimate that can vary based on product brands and cooking methods.)
Leave a Reply