This Mediterranean omelette is made with sauteed kale and onions, sun-dried tomatoes & feta cheese, making it a delicious and healthy Mediterranean inspired breakfast.
One of my favorite weekend brunch go-to’s is this easy 4 step omelette. It doesn’t take long to whip up, and you can change up the recipe a ton of different ways. Add bell peppers, swap kale for spinach, add dried herbs, etc.
This recipe is for one person but can easily be made for more. It’s made with two eggs and whisked with milk for a creamy and fluffy texture.
It’s so easy to make and full of delish flavor! I’m a big fan of eggs, so if I had to choose one breakfast to eat for the rest of my life, I would probably pick an omelette…..preferably this one!
So, let’s get cookin’!
Omelette Steps and Instructions
- Start by sauteing the kale and onions in the oil and garlic. Sauteeing the kale will help breakdown the fibers. I omit any kale pieces with stalks and try to add only the leaves.
- Add in your sun-dried tomatoes once the kale and onions are done (about 5 minutes) to help heat them up. Then add in your whisked eggs and milk.
- Turn the heat to low and allow the egg mixture to cook. Using a spatula, wipe the sides of the pan to see how much of the omelette is cooked. Add your feta in the center and once the omelette is mostly cooked (you can lift the edges of the omelette but it still has a bit of runny egg), you can fold the omelette in half.
- Once folded, let the omelette finish cooking and serve!
I always have my omelettes with fresh fruit and toast. Easy and simple always wins!
You can make the omelette into a sandwich with the toast or enjoy separately. Greens tossed with a little balsamic and oil is nice if you’re having this closer to lunch to make the meal more of a brunch.
Garnish with fresh herbs like chives or basil if so desired – enjoy!
Kale Omelette with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Feta Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and as the pan heats up, whisk together the eggs, milk and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Once the pan is hot, saute the onions and kale in the oil and minced garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Once the leaves wilt and the onions become translucent, add in the sun-dried tomatoes and saute together for another minute before adding the wisked eggs.
- Turn heat to low and let the egg mixture sit and cook until there is just a little bit of runny egg mixture left uncooked and add the feta cheese in the center of the omelette.
- Using a spatula, wipe the side of the pan to gently lift up the omelette and fold in half.
- Allow the omelette to finish cooking and then serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired like chives or basil & enjoy!
- To help notice when the omelette is ready to be folded, twist the pan from side to side to see how much is cooked. The runny part should be sitting on top of the cooked part. When you run your spatula underneath the omelette, it should be able to support the omelette in order to flip it.
If you ever make a recipe, tag me @monicanedeff.rdn on Instagram. I love seeing your creations and sharing them with the community! Please comment and give this recipe a star rating if you’ve made it as it greatly helps support this blog and my small biz, thank you!