This dip is made with Greek yogurt, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, jalapeno and artichoke hearts. Blended together into a smooth, creamy dip – perfect for game days or any gathering!
About the Recipe
Who doesn’t love a dip in their spread of food? It’s an absolute must for dipping chips, pita bread and veggies.
This dip is deliciously salty, savory and spicy. I love a good artichoke dip, so I made it with a hint of spice from the jalapeno and it gives it the perfect kick!
While most dips are based with cream cheese or sour cream, I wanted to make Greek yogurt the base for added protein. I honestly, don’t think it tastes “healthy.” It’s pretty full of flavor and creamy, so you’d never know the main ingredient is Greek yogurt!
This dip is pretty addicting, so just know you’ve been warned! I honestly can eat it by the spoonful!
Ingredients for the Dip
- Greek yogurt: you want the thick Greek yogurt, not regular thin yogurt. Otherwise, the consistency will be off. The creaminess is thanks in large part to this guy.
- Cream cheese: need some richness and cream cheese never fails in that role.
- Canned artichoke hearts: Use the ones in brine. The salt is essential to enhancing all the other flavors in this dip!
- Shredded parmesan cheese: Doesn’t parm sound perfect in this dip? It’s salty and savory and just so perfect. It’s an absolute essential.
- Jalapeno: add as much as your taste buds desire. I do 1 giant jalapeno or 2 smaller ones. I tend to like milder things, so if you like spice – add more!
- Garlic cloves: Rarely do I create a recipe without garlic lol
- Onion powder: Necessary in a dip recipe if you ask me!
- Salt: the salt honestly makes or breaks this recipe. It truly brings out the other flavors, so definitely add the half teaspoon!
- Chives: they have a garlicky, oniony flavor that compliments the flavors of the dip and adds another texture and color. A fabulous addition!
You can add other spices like chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes for more spice. If you do, let me know how it turned out in the comments!
Throw it all (except the chives) in a food processor and pulse or blend until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the chopped chives at the end and spoon it into a serving bowl. Get some chips and start eatin’!
Besides chips, use the dip as a sandwich spread or a veggie dip. I love dunking carrots and celery in it!
This dip makes the perfect addition to a game day spread of food or for parties like New Year’s Eve or any other gathering.
Add the dip to sandwiches and wraps in place of mayo or try it as a pretzel dip!
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4oz cream cheese
- 14 ounce drained canned artichoke hearts in brine
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1-2 diced large jalapenos (1 for a mild dip and 2 for more spice)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Add the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, drained artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, jalapeno, garlic, onion powder and salt in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dip into a serving container and stir in the chives.
- Garnish with slices of jalapeno and enjoy!
- If you’re like me and go mild on spice, add just 1 jalapeno and taste test before adding more. I find I can add more jalapeno than I think in dips compared to other dishes.
- If you don’t have large jalapenos and are using smaller ones, you’ll need more peppers – about 2-3 jalapenos.
(Nutrition values are calculated by third-party software and an estimate that can vary based on product brands and cooking methods.)