This high Protein Milkshake offers 20g of protein and is so divine. Easy to make with Greek yogurt, frozen fruit, a protein shake and of course, ice cream!
This recipe is easy to make - just throw all the ingredients in a blender and scoop into a glass for serving. Top it with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry!
- Ice Cream: I use full-fat, real ice cream. While this might seem like a "healthified" recipe, I'm someone who believes if I'm gonna have dessert I want to have the real deal full fall, full sugar dessert. However, if you prefer an ice cream reduced in fat or sugar by all means choose that!
- Greek yogurt: This helps boost the protein while also giving a creaminess to everything.
- Frozen Fruit: A great way to sweeten things up and gives everything more of a frozen, milkshake texture.
- Protein shake: These shakes are so versatile in how you can use them. Use them as coffee creamer, in smoothies, or even milkshakes! They will add sweetness and a good amount of protein.
If you like malted milkshakes add around a ¼ cup of malted milk powder to your shake.
Whipped cream, spinkles and cherry are optional but 10 outta 10 recommend!
Ways to Boost Protein
You can easily boost the protein in recipes in so many ways.
Protein powder or shakes are a great easy option. You can get flavorless protein powder such as collagen peptides if you want something that can go in anything. Or you could get a vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
I love to use premade shakes in smoothies or milkshakes to use as the liquid. Fairlife shakes are my favorite for their flavor. But there are a bajillion options out there.
Greek yogurt is another popular way to boost protein content and now cottage cheese has taken the world by storm with its high protein and versatility!
Chocolate Mint: Try mixing mint chocolate ice cream, vanilla Greek yogurt, frozen banana or strawberries, chocolate or vanilla protein shake.
Chocolate Peanut Butter: Try mixing a chocolate peanut butter ice cream, vanilla Greek yogurt, frozen banana, chocolate or vanilla protein shake.
Berries 'n Cream: My favorite and the one pictured in this post! Try mixing a berry cheesecake ice cream, vanilla Greek yogurt, frozen strawberries and a vanilla protein shake.
More Dessert Recipes
Looking for more dessert recipes? I got you covered!
Chocolate Mousse: This mousse is also made with Greek yogurt for that extra protein boost. It's super rich and diiiiivine!
Kefir Ice Cream: Who knew you could get probiotics in your ice cream! Try this recipe for a summer treat that not only your soul will love but your gut too!
Lemon Sherbet: This creamy, sweet yet tart sherbet is to die for. Try it and thank me later!
Mango Popsicles: Easy peasy and the recipe comes with 3 flavors to try out!
- In a blender add the ice cream, Greek yogurt, frozen fruit and the protein shake. Blend until smooth.
- If wanted add the malted milk powder and blend into shake.
- Pour milkshake into glass and top with whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry if desired!
- For flavor combinations check the end of my blog post for ideas on mint chocolate, peanut butter chocoalte and berries 'n cream (my personal favorite and the one pictured!)
(Nutrition values are calculated by third-party software and an estimate that can vary based on product brands and cooking methods.)